Digital technologies have not only expanded our options for communication, they have profoundly enhanced our ability to track and analyze social media activity. Here are a few takeaways from this chapter:
- You can use A/B testing to quickly compare the effects of different digital content and messages.
- Media monitoring services help you analyze social media content that is actively produced, discussed and shared by publics online.
- Use programs like Google Analytics and Brand Lift to measure both sales and non-sales-driven organizational performance.
- Remember that the goals for your public relations campaign are usually much larger than what can be observed from evaluating the metrics for just one tactic such as an online video or promo piece.
- Your evaluation of social media metrics should be clearly tied to defined goals and objectives.